Well, at 8:30AM on Sunday Sept. 2, our baby son was born. His name is Marcus James Isaak, and he was a healthy 8lbs 13oz strong. He was 22 1/2" long (takes after me) and was very wide eyed and also very tired. Jenn did an awesome job of going through 14 hours of active labor, which when added to the pre-labor contractions, totaled almost 26 sleepless hours for her. She did amazing and gave birth to Marc without any pain killers! She was very determined to meet our little boy, and I think that along with some very large Grace from God allowed her to persevere and achieve her goal. She truly amazed all of us by never giving up and always being polite and courteous despite the hellish contractions and pushing. She showed me her true character and I am very proud of her.
Jenn and Marc are doing well in the Moose Jaw hospital, and both of them are getting some much needed sleep. We are unsure when Jenn will be released home, but we will keep the blog updated as things progress.
Below are some pictures of our dear little one, and I thank God every moment for his arrival and safe labor. Stay tuned for updates from Jenn when she gets home and for some stories from her side of the birthing bed.
Ian
11 comments:
Congratulations! We are so happy for you! We have been checking your blog daily to see when the little one would finally make his way into the world.
Can't wait to meet the little guy.
Matt and Jess Isaak
Woo hoo! So exicted for you both...Ian I'm posting this mostly for you cause I already talked to Jenn. He is seriously cute. Enjoy celebrating and trying to focus on school :).
Love, Leslie
Yahoo! So excited for you guys! Can't wait for little Marcus and Lucas to meet :)
Way to go on the labour Jenn...very proud of you. Hope you recover quickly and are enjoying that little bundle of chubby cheeks!
Curtis, Tricia and Lucas
Congratulations to the three of you!!! I'm sooo happy for you all! Enjoy every minute, they grow up fast! Love Joni (and Lydia! :))
Just wanted to say a big CONGRATS on the new baby. He's adorable. :D
Congratulations on your new baby boy!! The 2 grandmas have been busy showing pictures. He looks great! Look forward to meeting him some time.
Cliff and Edith
Congratulations!He is so beautiful. We are so happy for you! Take care!
Congrats!!! so sorry we couldn't see you when we were home but it was just way too short!!! You have a very adorable little boy!
~Ian and Amanda
Hey guys, Congratulations on your little one, we are so happy for you. We noticed we don't have your email address. Ours is jdlcutler@shaw.ca. We haven't talked to you guys in such a long time! Jonathan and Laura
happened to come across your blog and wanted to give our congratulations!! i had no idea you guys were even expecting and here you have a beautiful little boy. wow, so special.
camille & andrew schroeder
HI Jenn,
wow, I didn't check your blog for so long, that I didn't even knwo there was a baby on the way!
So even if your little one is several month old by now I wanted to send you my congrats.
He is really sweet and I hope you'll enjoy life with him more each day.
You and your family have a blessed new year.
Debby
Post a Comment