Thursday, March 08, 2007

God is working...

Hey Everyone! Ian here.
It has been a while since our last blog update, but I had a gentle reminder from Auntie Irene (thanks for the movie tickets!) that I should get my butt in gear and update our blog. So here I am. I will start with our trip to Georgia (the country, not the state) to visit Dad, and go from there.
For those who don't know, Brent, Jenn, and I went to Georgia to visit Dad over Christmas. Jenn took tons of pictures (380+), but I will post my favorites below and give a quick overview of the trip. First, we got to meet Rusi when we got there, and got a tour of Dad's house. It is very nice and was still being renovated when we arrived. The picture on the left is all of us at a restaurant for a fancy evening out! We never ran out of stuff to do, and our activities included: hanging out with Dad's neighbors, visiting monasteries and churches, quading (Dad has 3) all over the mountains, visiting a museum of Stalin, the Nutcracker ballet, and playing boardgames. We had a blast, and as you can see from the pictures, the scenery and architecture was amazing! A special thanks to Dad for a great trip and great memories. I especially enjoyed the quading, and I think Jenn really enjoyed the Nutcracker. The only downer to the trip was that the airlines ended up loosing both of our skis. We still don't have them, but hopefully insurance will cover the loss. I will continue this post, and I will put Georgia pictures along the sides so you can get a better idea of how much fun we had.
While we were in Georgia, we found out another tidbit of news, Jenn's pregnant (again)! So, I guess that type of news deserves an update, and I am happy to say that we have had 3 doctors appointments, 1 ultrasound (another one coming at the end of march) and all is going well. We have a strong little baby with a very loud heartbeat!
School is going well this year, and I am enjoying all of my classes. I am taking Hermeneutics, Gospels, History of Western Music I, Foundations of Church Ministry, and Marriage Enrichment (we are both taking it Monday Evenings). I really enjoy how God is using this semester to make me think about what it really means to read and understand the Bible, and how to allow the Bible to transform my life.
I just finished Youth Quake about two weeks ago, and needless to say it was both great and tiring at the same time. This year I was asked to be the stage manager for the event, which is a huge responsibility. I had 8 people underneath me (my pawns!) that I had to oversee, and it was allot of planning and organizing. Since I had never done anything like this before I was in over my head, but God was gracious and I had some great guys to work with who were patient and willing. Together we pulled it off without any major technical problems, and overall the event went incredibly smoothly. Youth Quake this year to me seemed different than many other years. For various reasons, we did not have a "headliner" band for YQ, and the leadership team prayed and discerned that God wanted us to use the money to further His kingdom. So, YQ had a contest that allowed youth groups to submit project proposals, and the YQ retreaters would vote on which 3 groups would win $8000 each! We ended up doing a Jay Leno style interview/show with the youth groups, complete with house band and leather couch! The point of the show came through loud and clear; "How are you going to further God's kingdom with what He has given you?" This really changed the focus of YQ towards discipleship and obedience, while allowing the retreaters to contemplate how God was working in their lives. We had many amazing times of worship and reflection before God followed by dedication of lives, repentance, and submission to God. In short, God be praised!
Along with YQ, I found out that I am on the short list (I am the only one!) for a job here at Briercrest. I would be working in the productions department full time over the summer with the possibility of full time employment in the fall. This is the next major step in our lives as Jenn will be ready to pop (she is due August 31st by the way) and I will be needing to decide whether to work full time or to take school full time. Either way I would finish my degree, it would just be a matter of finances and the logistics of Jenn going back to work. Please pray for us over the next few months as we seek God's will in our lives, and as we march towards parent-hood.
Well, that is the major news from our neck of the woods. I just had a Birthday and I wanted to throw out a huge THANKS to everyone who sent cards, presents, and prayers. I pray blessings on you and I will try to be more diligent on our blog posts in the future.

In Christ,
Ian ,Jenn, and Baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The long awaited update :) Thanks! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well. Thinking of you lots! It is exciting to hear all God is doing in your lives. Hope to see you soon.
Love Curtis, Tricia and Baby!