Wow it's February 6th already what a month! It started out with me finding out from the pool that I was being laid off because I was not available enough (due to my school job) which I was not at all upset about. Then a week later we found out about grandpa's death and funeral so that week was all a blur! The funeral was well done and it really gave an accurate representation of grandpa and his life! He was truly a man of God. And on top of that we also received some amazingly wonderful news on Tuesday the 24th. We found out that although we were celebrating the end of a life well lived, we were also celebrating the beginning of a new life! I am pregnant and am due on September 27th, 2006! We are very excited, the shock is wearing off now and the joy is truly setting in! My mom sent us our first baby gift - receiving blankets and a bib of course, what else do you need lots of?- so that helped solidify things a bit for me. I think we have managed to tell most of you about his news but I know that there are always a few people that don't hear so we wanted to let everyone know! I have had my first doctor's appointment and I am healthy and everything looks good so far-thanks and praise go to God! I think we get to hear the baby's heart beat next appointment so we are looking forward to that and it is going to come fast I know! I have been feeling fine and other than being tired and moody life is good! (at least for me!)
My job is still going really well and I have officially started my Braille course and I think it will be hard but I should catch on quickly. My student was sick today so I had a chance to organize my thoughts and plan a bit for the near future. Ian is busy at school (he is typing a paper as I write this) he is going to be taking 2 modular classes, one in March and one in April so that will keep him busy too but then he can take it easy next year if he needs to so that will be nice for him.
We have decided to return to Redberry Bible Camp for the summer. Ian will be doing his tech job again and I'm sure the videos will be even better this year as he will have an official side-kick/apprentice to train and help him out. I, however, will not be head-lifeguard (or as Ian calls it head-floatation device!) as the large belly by that time will prevent me from safely guarding. But I will be volunteering for the summer so who knows where I'll end up!
Well it is almost time for bed and morning will come way too quickly so I will sign off for now.
In Christ,
Jennifer and Ian
Monday, February 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congratulations guys! we did hear it through the grapevine! how exciting! it changes everything - that's for sure.
sleep now, eat out now, go on dates now, clean your house now. you won't be able to do ANY of that for the first few months! haha. but it's the best! enjoy!
Post a Comment