Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Isaak Ramblings


Hello to all our readers (who have probably given up hope of this blog ever being updated!)
Yes I do apologize for taking so long to update the post. When I last thought of it our internet was not working due to bad weather and then I just kept putting it off and here we are at the end of October. The month has flown by with trips to Regina and Swift Current
and homework and papers. Well I celebrated my 24th birthday earlier this month and we had some friends from Caronport over for Grasshopper Pie (which for those of you who know about Ian's 2000 flushes incident-don't worry-I MADE THE PIE this time and it turned out beautifully!) and we had lots of fun just hanging out! The we went to Swift Current and celebrated again with my parents as it is also my dad and brother's birthday shortly after mine. We had thanksgiving Turkey and all the trimmings and had a great time visiting! The next week we headed to Regina to apply for passports as we will be needing them in December (more to follow on this topic) and we received them yesterday. Very official looking (FYI: did you know that you are not allowed to smile for your pictures? I always thought people just didn't but you are not allowed if you have any teeth showing they will make you retake them!), and very exciting! Hmm what else?...Oh yes I've been scrapbooking a couple of times with my mother-in-law; We are working on an album of Ian's childhood (What a cutie!) and so we have spent 2 weekends working on pages. Last time we got 25 pages done in a weekend and we were very proud of our accomplishments. We have lots of fun and I get to hear about all the cute stories of Ian as a child! awhh! :) well it looks as though it is time for a new paragraph so get ready...
AH, much better...Work has been going really well for me. I am going crazy with brailling and such as my little guys keeps reading his little fingers off. It is so encouraging to see the amazing progress. We have already mastered 4 medium sized books in resource class and now we are on our first large book. He is at about a grade 2 reading level and he only started reading in June last year! I work with great people and recently another Christian co-worker was added to the numbers so that is really nice. There is the teacher and myself and another assistant in the classroom. It makes for a full room but I get along with both of them really well so that is a huge blessing! Ian and I have recently started attending a new church and I have been seeing a few kids from school there so that is another door that has creaked open. This is nice as I have been struggling lately with how to share my faith in such a professional job setting. It will be interesting to see how this continues to pan out.
Ian has been really busy with school and his two jobs but I think he is figuring out how to balance everything. He has come home from classes challenged and intrigued by the different things profs have said or things the Bible has revealed to him. I think it is a huge blessing that he is always being challenged and is learning new things everyday. Ian just finished reading week and so he had a nice chance to play computer games, recharge and relax! A time much needed and deserved! Ian is doing sound for a worship group again this year and that takes him to Celebration Church in Regina once a month on a Sunday morning. It is a time for me to see him in action as I am allowed to go along. It is nice to get away and experience a different church every now and again and get to know some of his friends from school.
Well I do believe I promised some Christmas information earlier so I should touch on that now. Ian and Brent and I are going to Tbilisi, Georgia for Christmas break this year. We are spending 2 weeks with Ian and Brent's dad and that's where he lives. I personally am very excited as I have never really traveled much and have only left the country 3 times (all to the US) that I remember. We are leaving at Noon on December 23rd and arrive in Munich, Germany at 9am on the 24th. We are very excited about this as apparently Munich is huge into Christmas and we will be there on Christmas Eve. We are not sure what we will do there as we have a 12 hour layover but I am sure we will manage to stay entertained. We leave Munich at 9pm and arrive in Tbilisi at 4 am on Christmas morning. We will spend the two weeks skiing, sight seeing, hanging out and expolring the country side. I am sure we will not have a dull moment. We leave for home at 5am on the 8th of January and arrive in Regina at 7pm the same day and we all return to work and school the next day bright and early (okay early but I'm sure we won't be bright). There is approximately a ten hour time difference so coming home is going to be harder with less layover time. This will be a first for us as we have never spent Christmas with Dad and I have never been overseas. Of course this means we will be missing all of the family gatherings, and for that I am sorry and we will miss you (Amanda we might cross paths in the Regina airport on the 23rd), however, it is hard to pass up a trip like this. We are looking forward to it and can't believe that it is already November 1st tomorrow. That means a little over a month and a half and we will be in the air! Wow.
We have found a care group again this year. It is organized by two of the professors and their wives and had four other couples including us in it. We are going through the book of Ruth and there is some pretty interesting stuff in there. As I mentioned earlier we have decided to try a different church in Moose Jaw. We have started attending the First Free Methodist Church and we really enjoy it. The people there are friendly and the church meets our needs so we have been really blessed so far this year.
Well nothing else is new. We are still here and still enjoying it but missing everyone in Saskatoon and elsewhere. If you would like to drop us a line we have changed our email addresses they are now...simwiz@gmail.com and jenniwren5@gmail.com We would love to have anyone over if you would like to come spend the weekend or a portion of it please let us know and come on down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
We miss you guys sooooooo much!! Kodi and I are trying to figure out a way that we can come see you but we keep having different weekends off! Sounds like you are having lots of fun and I'm jealous that you get to go to Germany before us!!!! Just kidding. I'm so excited for you. I will e-mail you :)