Friday, August 26, 2005

The race was run.

Well, here we are at the end of camp! I never thought it would happen, but here we are. God has been faithful to us all summer, and has taught us many things. I have learned how to combine computers with God and how to trust Him when things don't go the way I wish they would. Jenn has learned about being a servant leader, and what it means to serve others when they sometimes don't deserve it or want it.

Through it all, God has been there. When we didn't get very much money through my work's profit sharing, God was in control. When we got more than expected from my RRSP, God was in control. We are learning daily that He knows what He is doing, and that we are such feeble doubters.

I want to say thank you to our care group for the wonderful care package that you sent with us, and for all the help moving and getting us to Caronport. Thank you to West Portal for all the prayers and support over the summer. Thanks especially to our parents who prayed for us, supported us, moved us, and loved us. Shaye and Dad graciously opened their home to us before camp, Jenn's parent's stored all our "stuff" for the summer, Mom and Marty were there to talk and lean on for support and for our little VW car. We are truly blessed!

On a final note, I was expecting to only sell maybe 10 DVD's per week this summer, but God took and multiplied this ministry and we ended up selling over 425 DVD's this summer! I pray that God uses them to influence the families and kids that take them home!

I love you all,
Ian

1 comment:

Janelle said...

hey guys...you better start writing more - we need to know how you are!! take care!